Monday, December 15, 2008

Picture to go with yesterday's post....

I had this particular photo in mind when I was writing that post yesterday, so I thought I'd post it too. She's about 5 weeks old here. I remember at the time that I thought this was the cutest little picture showing Avery's scrawny little legs and how long and thin she was! Now it makes me a little bit sad because now that I have Brogan I realise that healthy babies really do have quite strong legs from the very beginning. And do you see what I mean about her little long thin feet? They still look almost as fragile now. I do now wonder what her legs and feet would have looked like had she not been born with hydrocephalus and CP. I think the other thing that's been bothering me a little bit is that it now makes me wonder whether I should have been doing a better job. I think that because I was never really aware of how much she was affected I now wonder whether I would have pushed her more and worked harder to help her reach milestones if I'd been more aware of what she "should" have been doing. I don't know. I suppose there are good things and not so good things about her being my first, because it meant I had all the time in the world to devote to her, but it also meant that maybe I wasn't completely aware of how much help she really did need, if you know what I mean.

3 comments:

kernow-cousin said...

My grandson Ryan has hydrocephalus (and lots of other problems) we've made a web site for him www.ryanspage.org.uk you are more than welcome ot pay a visit. Its always good to hear from others.

Donna Prosser
Cornwall
UK

Tracy said...

What a sweet baby!!!

I'm so glad you found my blog because now I can read yours! Have you seen my friend Alison's blog? The address is http://fredandalison.blogspot.com/. Her son has CP, too. I have such a great love for children with CP. They are just so special! Alison's son, Parker, is one of my favorite little boys. He just started recognizing me at church and it just makes my day every time he smiles at me!

Anonymous said...

Hi I came across your blog by accident, I have a six year old daughter, Megan who has hydrocephalus, cerbral palsy, vsd, visual impairment, epilepsy, etc... Your daughter reminds me so much of my little miracle!! Both full of determination and spirit. I would really like to get in touch? My e-mail is urbanpoet2@yahoo.co.uk, I am also on facebook and myspace. Laura