Thursday, March 12, 2009

Silver lining!

Brogan appears to be coming down with the same stomach virus that Avery has. Boo! But, strange as it may seem, I'm actually feeling relieved in some ways, because it means that Avery's sickness is definitely a virus and not some shunt problem, which I'm always worried about in some part of my brain whenever she gets sick! So while I'm not looking forward to the next few days of two sick little ones, at least I know what it is and don't have to worry. I am looking forward to being able to sleep in my own bed again, instead of on the sofa next to Avery, and I also am looking forward to sleeping for more than an hour at a time... *sigh* I've had a headache all afternoon, which I think is from sleep deprivation. The other good thing though is that Brogan didn't start feeling bad until yesterday afternoon, which means that the whole time Gabe was working his 16hr shifts this week, I was only having to look after one sick child, and now that both of them are sick, both Gabe and I are home to look after them. Small blessings make the biggest difference.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weird to think that about our hydro kids, but so true when it is a common illness...we feel relieved.

Hope Avery and Brogan are better real soon.

xx

SuzanSayz said...

These times are ever so dreary, but believe me there will come a time when you will barely remember them. Poor sick children. I hope everything is better tomorrow.