Monday, September 15, 2008

Why would you??

I would have thought that it was obvious that I should not be your choice of confidant if you wanted someone to complain to about the fact that your 10 month old baby has just started walking and you think it's just too soon! Why would you do that?? I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and she was complaining to me because her son has just started pulling up on things and walking around holding on with one hand, and this upsets her because he was only army crawling before that and she wanted to see him crawling around on all fours for a couple of months first. Seriously, what did she expect me to say to that? "Oh yes, I'm so lucky because my 31 month old isn't walking yet so I still get to enjoy watching her crawl around on all fours"?? Sometimes it's like people jsut don't think at all before they open their mouths. So I just told her that there are many far worse tragedies than having a walking 10 month old. Nincompoop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am hearing you loud and clear on this! People don't think do they, especially when talking to someone who is living everyday with a child with speical needs.

Sending u big virtual hugs!

nancy said...

AMEN. I am so glad you blog and i found you. I hate when people are fake on their own blogs. I love that you ahve an opinion about this. I HATE when people do this. They are so inconsiderate. Even people who should know better. I think I would have said exactly waht you wrote...


Hugs mommy