Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Busy Busy

I just thought I'd let you all know why I've been such a slacker with my blogs recently! We made an offer on a house on Friday! We've been looking for a few weeks, and it's been taking up pretty much all our time, and now that we've made an offer, we've been spending all our time organising and packing up boxes! It's pretty exciting! The house we are in right now we've been renting from Gabe's uncle, and although its been such a blessing to have it, it's just not going to work anymore, especially if we want to keep any friendly feelings towards each other. But the new house (I'm trying so hard not to think of it as ours until our offer has been accepted...!) is great! It was built in 1962, and I don't think it's been redecorated since then (!!!) but I think it's going to be perfect for us! And it's a split level, so it will be wonderfully accessible to Avery since there are only 5 or 6 steps between levels. I love it, but I'm not going to talk about it anymore until I know it's ours....
Another thing I've been debating about for a while, and have finally come to a decision to is this: I am going to stop updating this blog and just use my other blog for new news from now on. The reason for that is this: it's getting more difficult to decide which blog I should post some things to, and so I keep on just not blogging about them at all! I will still be posting to this blog, but it will only be to catch up, since there's a lot of Avery's first 3 years of medical history which I haven't yet blogged about, because I'm a slacker. So I would like to invite all of you to my other blog to keep up with Avery, but please keep an eye on this blog too as I try to fill in all the blanks! And please forgive me if I don't post much for the next little while! We're hoping to close on this house by the end of April (if we get it....I hope!!!), and we'll need to do some work on it before we can move in, so we'll probably be very busy for the next little while!! But I will still try to post!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

*fingers crossed* I hope you get it too!!

SuzanSayz said...

Wow, I didn't know you were in the market to buy a house. That is really exciting. I can just imagine what a house built in 62 without any updates must look like. You better start watching HGTV nonstop! Of course that time had some really cool "futuristic" elements to home designs. Hopefully there will be things that you will want to preserve.
I also didn't relize that you had a second blog. I will go check it out as soon as I can.

Anonymous said...

No probs at all, I will keep an eye on your other blog.