Friday, April 3, 2009

It gets even better!!

So, since writing that post this morning, Avery went to physical therapy and did something else really spectacular. I tell you, this girl is an absolute miracle.
So we were working on independent standing and stepping. Lisa was helping her learn how to get up to standing by herself, and then once she was up and balancing she was having her take 2 steps towards me to put some pieces in a puzzle. Avery was doing what she normally does - she balances, then she takes a couple of steps while falling towards me, if you can picture that. So she did that, and then I helped her stand up again and Lisa gave her the puzzle piece and I held up the puzzle. Avery must have though the puzzle was too far away, so without even any prompting, she took two little steps closer to me and then stopped, still standing!!

Without any help!!

My baby took her first completely independent steps!!!!!!

Lisa and I both about cried!

6 comments:

Sherri said...

AMAZING!!!!
What wonderful, incredible news!!

Kristen said...

What a day to remember!

SuzanSayz said...

Hmm, this post just turned into the incredible invisible post. I was minding my own business, reading about the wonder and excitement of standing and first step taking and it suddenly dissapeared. And then like a Chesire Cat, parts of it would come back while others re-dissapeared. That is such wonderful news about Avery! I hope that blogger will take care of whatever is happening so that everyone can read about her precious first steps!!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Excellent work Avery!

It would make me cry aswell...tears of absolute joy!

Carla said...

ROCK ON AVERY!!!!! Amazing! I love how horses can help kids like ours.

Edie Mindell said...

Your little girl is amazing and very brave. It is such good and great news for you to witness another milestone in your baby's life. God bless. :-)